How to Make the Best Popcorn at Home
It's one of those cozy nights where you just want to put on your favourite show under the covers, with some fresh popcorn to munch on.
Popcorn is the number one snack option for many, whether for a movie night or a lunchbox snack for the kids. It's easy to make at home, so you don't have to step out of the house to pick up a healthy snack.
If you're never made your own popcorn before, it's not difficult. The basic ingredients are popcorn kernels, oil and salt.
Making popcorn on a stove is not the easiest way, but you can follow these simple steps to end up with perfectly cooked, unburnt popcorn.
- Heat 2 tbsp. of cooking oil in a thin, shallow saucepan/pot over high heat.
- Place 2 kernels in the pan, add the lid, and wait for them to pop.
- Then remove the pan from the heat, remove the popped kernels and replace them with 1/2 cup of kernels. Cover with the lid, and set aside for 1 minute.
- Return the saucepan to high heat on the stove. The popcorn should start popping in a few minutes. To ensure uniform heating, give the pan a brisk shake now and then.
- Remove the pan from the heat when the popping has almost stopped and set it aside for 1 minute to allow any remaining resistant kernels to pop.
- Add in some butter and salt seasoning if desired and give the pot a thorough mix.
- Fill a large serving dish with your freshly popped popcorn. Enjoy!
Microwave Popcorn Maker
But isn’t the traditional stovetop cooking recipe too time consuming and messy?
Say no more. To make hassle-free popcorn, we have just the right product for you. This Microwave Reusable Silicone Popcorn Maker gives you fresh homemade popcorn within minutes! It’s efficient and easy to use. And the best part? You don’t have to worry about burnt popcorn!
Use this recipe to pop your popcorn using this microwave popcorn maker:
- Carefully add popcorn kernels up to 1/3 cup (50g) or 1/4 (100g) into the silicone bowl. The bowl has line measurements on the inside that measures these readings.
- For the traditional popcorn flavour, add oil and salt as per your preference. You can also go all-natural and leave out any seasoning.
- Next, cover with the lid and microwave the bowl for 1 to 3 minutes or until the kernels have stopped popping (time will depend on your microwave power, it may take a couple of go's to perfect).
- Now remove the popcorn maker from the microwave. Make use of the handles as the bowl will be hot.
- Enjoy your freshly popped popcorn as it is or add extras to your taste.
- Garlic salt or powder and olive oil
- Chicken salt and melted butter
- Smoken paprika and olive oil
- Coconut oil and sea salt
- Parmesan cheese and rosemary
- Nutritional yeast with sea salt (healthy option)
- Melted butter and cinnamon sugar
- Cookies and cream - crush up some chocolate biscuits, add melted chocolate
Our silicone microwave popcorn maker is so easy to use and easy to clean. Pop it into the dishwasher or wash it by hand because it's reusable. Folds away for easy storage.
Popcorn is ideal for when you get munchy cravings and don't want to spend a lot of time preparing a snack. The above-mentioned recipes are the easiest ways to get yourself homemade popcorn. For an entirely trouble-free snack time, do check out the Microwave Reusable Silicone Popcorn Maker!